Dear Deanna, How Did You File Your Briefs For The Court Of Appeals For Free?

When a person is indigent you can file with the courts for free. Indigent basically means you are unemployed and have obtained assistance from the government. While I was on uneployment, I put together my two briefs. They were both 40 pages long and took me 30 days to complete. No I do not have a legal background. One was denied and the other one eventually was denied.

In order to get to the appeals, you have to go to court and then appeal that decision. So I filed a motion for custody of my children. It was funny because the judge stated I needed to have some legal opinions in my motion. He commented that their was noting from Vodvarka vs Grassmeyer.
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/mi-court-of-appeals/1311191.html. For one of my aaapeals I took that case and inserted my information and deleted anything that did not pertain to it. The other brief I took as many reversed cases of the former judge and placed them all in the brief. The decision made it on the internet. What did not make it on the internet is the motion to reconsider that I filed. You see, one of the briefs had stated how the appeals court had reveresed several of the judges orders for not applying the law when changing custody. One of those appeals judges was on my case. I filed a motion to reconsider, but it was denied. I have had people call me and tell me I had the case, but they changed the law on me. You can read their decision below and one day I may find my motion to reconsider and place on the blog.
 http://publicdocs.courts.mi.gov:81/opinions/final/coa/20110719_c302006_45_302006.opn.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment