Dear Deanna, What Do You Want To Say To Your Daughter And Other Children Kept From Their Mother?

Every day I have missed and thought about my daughter. All, my children in fact! I could have sat in a corner and cried, but I knew I was a good parent who would do anything for my children. My anger was used for good and to help other women and children going through the same issues. 


I filed motions after motions and went to the court of appeals. Went to the capitol of Michigan and passed out information. At one point I even called just about every Senator and House of Representative of Michigan. Went to the White House twice and demonstrated. Filed complaints, reports, and letters. Created a website, blog, Facebook pages, videos, and the likes. Ran for County Commissioner to get my name and my story into the public more. Went to college and got a degree so I would be taken more seriously with my advocacy. When I look back at the things I have done, I am amazed. I used to stand in front of my judge and shake, now she is the one who has to close her court room if I am going to be in the building. 

Children do not get to see 90% of the things their parents do to fight for them and feel as if their parents abandoned them or forgotten them. When a parent goes public with their story, children are embrassed about it. That is the issue with the entire matter, it is the children who are put in the middle. 

No matter how a parent chooses to fight, know it is not easy and they always have your best interest in their thoughts. Even if they do not fight, it is becaue they decided it was best for you, but it was not easy for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment